The skin is a mirror that reflects the internal state of the body. As soon as changes occur inside – in adolescence or adulthood – the skin gives us signals. And it is important to learn to recognize them and respond correctly.
Table of Contents
The importance and necessity of facial care
One can argue indefinitely that a face is a mirror of our age and health… This is certainly true – however, there are more pragmatic reasons why complex facial care should be a mandatory routine every day. And all women who care about their beauty, health, who use dermal fillers, and who care about their appearance know that.
It is important to understand that daily facial care is not only about taking care of the current condition of the skin: it’s cleansing, nourishment, moisturizing, and strengthening. This is also serious work for the future. Properly selected facial skincare allows you to fight the signs of premature aging, dehydration, the appearance of fine wrinkles, ptosis (sagging skin), and hyperpigmentation.
How to take care of your face: basic rules of care
The basic rules for facial skincare can be quite simple and easy to do. If you do not know where to start a well-organized and systematic facial, we first recommend that you check your daily routines with our checklist.
Cosmetics should match your skin type
The selection of beauty products is often inspired by the general description of their actions: a cleansing gel, a moisturizer, a firming serum – or by searching for specific ingredients in a composition, taking into account the needs of the skin. It is vital to choose products with natural ingredients to avoid causing damage to your skin right from the start. When it comes to cleansers, opt for ones that are made from tea tree oil, goat milk, aloe vera, calendula, or whatever products suit best for your skin type. Aloe vera soap is an excellent choice for those looking for a natural and gentle skin cleanser, as aloe vera has long been used as a natural remedy for skin conditions such as burns and rashes. In addition, aloe vera is packed with antioxidants and vitamins that can help to improve the appearance of your skin. Goat milk soap, on the other hand, contains no harsh chemicals or artificial fragrances and is made with real goat milk, which is packed with nutrients that are great for the skin. In addition, goat milk soap contains lactic acid, which helps to gently exfoliate the skin. Taking into consideration all of the benefits that a product can offer, you can make a wise choice. However, the same main ingredient may need different complementary ingredients, depending on the skin type.
For more update blog: Cosmetic Versus Dermatology
Grooming must be regular
Home facial skincare simply has to be daily and comprehensive – regardless of life situations, fatigue, or the environment around. Even on vacation, a business trip, after-parties, or children’s parties, you need to set aside time for the usual beauty routines, without missing a single stage.
Care should be consistent
A properly selected facial treatment can consist of certain stages, such as:
Additionally, it is recommended to practice several times a week:
- exfoliation (ridding the skin of dead cells) using, for example, a scrub or peeling;
- the use of cosmetic masks matched to the individual needs of the skin.
How to choose products by skin type
- Oily skin: Intensive cleansing, soothing and moisturizing products are recommended. You can give preference to products that do not “clog” the pores – usually, this can be understood by the mark “non-comedogenic” on the packaging or in the product description.
- Dry skin: Look for intensely moisturizing, restorative, and firming products. Your goal: to restore the skin’s protective barrier and prevent moisture from evaporating from its surface.
- Combination skin: for such skin, you should select products that will help maintain the skin’s hydrolipid barrier without clogging the pores in the T-zone.
- Normal skin: In this case, it is advisable to take care not to overdry the skin. You can select products that strengthen the protective functions of the skin and help prevent dehydration.
When choosing the right products, you can be guided by the information on which skin type the product is intended for, indicated on the package. After all, manufacturers are trying to create cosmetics specifically taking into account the needs of one type of skin or another.
Proper care for sensitive skin
- Morning care:
- cleanse your face with mildly warm spring or mineral water;
- apply a hypoallergenic cream, we recommend using products with a large number of natural ingredients. Choose a day cream for sensitive skin, which, for example, contains an extract of Rhodiola Rosea, which helps to restore the epidermis, metabolic processes in cells, and relieves irritation. The extract also has a wound-healing effect, increases the skin’s resistance to adverse external factors.
- during the day, the skin must also be cleansed with warm spring or mineral water;
- in hot weather or at work indoors, use a toner that refreshes the skin, moisturizes it, and removes dryness.
If you go to the pool, be sure to apply a moisturizer after training, otherwise, the skin condition will only worsen. In the period of exacerbation, refuse to visit the pool altogether.
- Evening care:
- cleanse skin thoroughly with a mild cleanser.
- Apply a light cream, such as a night cream for sensitive skin, which contains the healing and revitalizing extract of Rhodiola Rosea.Read for more update blog: Vitamin C Benefits