A ponytail extension is a hairpiece that is attached to your natural hair to create the look of a longer and fuller ponytail. These extensions are generally crafted from human or synthetic hair and come in various colors and styles to match your hair.
Here are some points that you must know before buying the right ponytail extension.
1. Decide What Type of Ponytail Extension You Want
Three extensions are commonly used for ponytails: wrap-around, drawstring, and clip-in.
- Wrap-around extensions are the most popular type because they are easy to use and can be removed whenever you want. Wrap-around extensions are typically used by people with short hair who want a fuller look.
- Drawstring extensions are the least popular because the string can be seen underneath your hair.
- Clip-in extensions are the easiest to use and can be installed in minutes by clipping them into your hair. Clip-ins come in various colors and styles to match your hair, and they can be removed whenever you want.
2. Decide How Long You Want Your Ponytail Extension to Be
Ponytail extensions are measured by the number of inches they add to your hair. Ponytails come in 5″, 10″, 14″, 16″, 18″, 20″, and 24″ lengths, but it’s important not to go too much longer; otherwise, it might look awkward with your own hair! For example, a 12-inch ponytail extension would give you extra 12 inches of hair.
3. Decide What Color or Colors You Want
Blondes should avoid black or dark brown shades to make their natural hair look brassy (yellowish). Some girls buy more than one shade to change their look every day.
The ponytails look awesome with different colors like pink, blue, and many more, which gives personality to your look and adds volume to your hair.
4. Decide on the Style of Your Ponytail Extension
Ponytails come in straight, wavy, and curly styles. If you have curly hair, consider choosing a straight or wavy style for your ponytail extension and vice versa. Various hair extensions of the desired volume with great bounce can be added to different styles to have a wonderful look.
5. Consider the Quality of the Hair
The best ponytail extensions are made with 100% Remy human hair because it looks and feels the most natural. It is also essential to buy from a reputable online company that offers a money-back guarantee if you’re unhappy with the product.
6. Consider How Often You’ll Be Using Your Ponytail Extension
If you’re only looking to use the extension in a while, then you’ll want a cheap, synthetic ponytail extension. However, when you’re thinking about using it daily, you might want to spend more money on a high-quality human hair extension.
7. Shop Around Online for the Best Prices and Styles
There are thousands of sites that offer ponytail extensions, but make sure to do your research on them before you buy! Check their reputation and reviews from previous customers.
8. DIY Or Get It Professionally Done
You can get a ponytail yourself with clip-in extensions by teasing some of your hair over the top of the clip and hiding it underneath your natural hair. However, this method will not look as natural as professionally done, so most girls prefer to have a salon do it.
9. Buy Hair extensions at the Right Place
Avoid buying your hairpiece at places like beauty salons or hair stores because they are often very overpriced there. There’s no problem going to a professional now and then, but make sure you don’t spend too much on upkeep!
10. Ways to Style a Ponytail Extension
Once you’ve got your new ponytail hair extension, you’ll want to figure out how best to style it. Here are a few ideas:
- Braid it: Braid some of your hair underneath the extension and hide the braid with a matching colored elastic band.
- Twist it: Twist some of your hair around your ponytail for a fun look.
- Wrap it: Wrap some of your hair around the base of the ponytail to cover any visible elastics or strings.
- Sleek styles: After you’ve styled your curly ponytail, use a straightening iron on medium heat to flat iron your ponytail and make it shiny and sleek!
When you have the ideal ponytail extension for your hair, you can do anything you want with it. There is no limit to the styles you can try out when you’ve found an extension that seamlessly blends with your hair.
Read for more update blog: Skincare guide