Castor oil is acclaimed to be one of the oldest herbal medicines. Almost every ancient civilization has used it for treating skincare and haircare issues. The Romans and Greeks used it as a medicinal remedy too. Cleopatra also used this oil to increase her beauty. Ayurvedic texts knew this oil as the ‘secret of beauty.’ The thick, golden oil has recently gained popularity in skincare and haircare regimes. The immense popularity this oil enjoys calls for knowing what castor oil price is worth.
Castor oil is known for its anti-inflammatory, moisturizing, and antimicrobial properties. It is a potion with a wide range of applications. Apart from its health benefits, you can apply this odorless oil to your skin, hair, and nails. In this blog post, we are discussing some of the best-known benefits of using castor oil for hair, skin, and nails.
Using castor oil for skin
- Natural Moisturizer: Castor oil is a sought-after ingredient by cosmetic manufacturers. It is used to promote hydration in lotions, cleansers, and makeup. Rich in fatty acids, it reduces water loss through the skin. This oil acts as a natural alternative to chemically-enriched moisturizers. You can combine it with other oils to reduce its thickness.
- Fighting Acne and Puffiness: This oil’s antibacterial and anti-inflammatory properties make it one of the easiest remedies for reducing acne, swelling, and puffiness.
- Preventing wrinkles: Its antioxidants fight the free radicals in our body and help slow down the aging process. (The free radicals are responsible for accelerating the aging process).
- Price: The castor oil price is pocket-friendly.
Using castor oil for hair
- Strengthening and nourishing the strands: Castor oil contains a powerful mix of vitamins and proteins necessary for your hair follicles. The abundance of fatty acids makes it excellent for nurturing the scalp.
- Reduces breakage: It is believed that using castor oil for hair helps boost blood circulation in the scalp. It also ensures better delivery of nutrients (like Ricinoleic acid) to hair follicles, thus strengthening hair and minimizing breakage.
- Adds luster: Castor oil is also a great way to seal in moisture and shine because it acts as a humectant.
- Helps with scalp flaking: It is also known for its cleansing properties. Someone who has experienced flaking due to a dry scalp can use this oil to moisten the hair cells.
Using castor oil for nails
- Brittle nails: Castor oil can help to treat brittle nails and prevent nail fungus. This oil is rich in Vitamin E, an essential ingredient for a healthy nail bed. The fatty acids can strengthen thin and fragile nails. It can also boost their growth.
- Nail Ridge Treatment: You can minimize the appearance of ridges on your nails by moisturizing them with this nutrient-rich oil.
- Reduces inflammation of the cuticles: It provides moisture to cuticles. This makes them softer and easier to cut or push back.
Castor oil can be used in its pure form or as a carrier oil. It can be easily mixed with coconut, almond, or olive oil. However, it is advisable to perform a patch test before application. You can use a cotton ball for easy application on your skin, hair, and nails.
Which brand makes the best castor oil?
Cold-pressed castor oil is the purest form. To avail of the maximum benefits from this oil, it is important to ensure that it is free of toxins and harmful chemicals. If castor oil is blended with toxic chemicals, it may irritate your skin or not provide the desired results. Therefore, it is highly recommended that you opt for a toxin-free skincare product.
Opt for a trusted and certified brand that has natural products. You can check for certifications such as Made Safe and FDA to ensure you feed safe products to your skin, hair, and nails. You may also check castor oil prices online before making a purchase.
This Castor Oil by Mamaearth is cold-pressed from the highest quality castor seeds. It is pure and natural. It has been processed without any heat or chemical treatments. As a result, the oil is free of additives, pollutants, and dangerous compounds like mineral oils and silicones, making it suitable for all skin and hair types.
This is one of the most useful bases or carrier oils and is a powerful moisturizing and conditioning oil. It is helpful for more than just hair, skin, and nails; it also nourishes the scalp and lips and promotes the growth of eyebrows and eyelashes, besides fighting issues caused by ringworm and fungi. What’s more, the castor oil price is reasonable and pocket-friendly.
Combine it with a face mask
While castor oil will make your skin moisturized and supple, using a face sheet mask with brightening properties will leave your facial skin soft and glowing. We thus recommend you complete your skincare routine with a Made Safe certified face sheet mask from Mamaearth.
You can get a fuller experience with Mamaearth’s Ubtan Bamboo Sheet Mask with Turmeric and Saffron for Skin Brightening. It is crafted to give your skin the goodness of turmeric and saffron. Natural ingredients like turmeric and saffron work together to hydrate and impart a long-lasting glow to the complexion deeply. In addition, lightning marks are removed with turmeric, restoring your skin’s natural radiance.
Did you know? The face sheet mask comes with nine days of serum hydration. It is India’s first bamboo-based sheet mask that is safe for the skin and the environment.
Castor oil: MVP of skincare and haircare
Castor oil is a multipurpose oil being used all over the world. Its high demand in the cosmetic industry proves its effectiveness in skincare/haircare regimes. The benefits your hair, skin, and nails will get from the castor oil price are unmatched. So you should include it in your self-care routine for your hair, skin, and nails.
Mamaearth is a plastic-positive brand. This means it recycles more plastic than it utilizes for branding and manufacturing purposes. The brand also plants a tree for every order on its website, contributing to a greener planet. In addition, its products come certified with PETA and FDA. This means that they have been dermatologically tested and not evaluated on animals. This makes Mamaearth a cruelty-free brand.
For more tips and guides, be sure to visit our blog today 5elifestyle!